Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default EXCEL & WORK LOCKED

HOW DO I UNLOCK THE EXCEL AND WORD SHEETS SO THAT I CAN TYPE AGAIN
--
FLAWLESS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't, if the author has chosen to protect them then thats their
perogative!, if this isn't the case and they are your documents then
please explain further.

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=27250

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did you lock them?

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"FLAWLESS" wrote in message
HOW DO I UNLOCK THE EXCEL AND WORD SHEETS SO THAT I CAN TYPE AGAIN
--
FLAWLESS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I DONT KNOW HOW I DID IT
--
FLAWLESS

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

How did you lock them?

--

"FLAWLESS" wrote in message
HOW DO I UNLOCK THE EXCEL AND WORD SHEETS SO THAT I CAN TYPE AGAIN
--
FLAWLESS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you say LOCKED, do you mean protected or do you get a message
saying they are locked for editing?

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=27250

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To accidentally lock one document is possible, to accidentally lock all
documents suggests either the document are not yours or you have a virus in
your system.

Can you create a new document, save and close it then open it and add data?

Please stop shouting at me by using all capitals - around here it is looked
on as being rude.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"FLAWLESS" wrote in message
I DONT KNOW HOW I DID IT
--
FLAWLESS

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

How did you lock them?

--

"FLAWLESS" wrote in message
HOW DO I UNLOCK THE EXCEL AND WORD SHEETS SO THAT I CAN TYPE AGAIN
--
FLAWLESS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Feel free to post your document or workbook that you are having trouble
with in our forums.

The only way i can recreate not being able to type in a document
without getting a protection mesage or such like is if i press F8 but
closing and reopening the document should cure it if not just hit F1
then cancel the help and you should be good to go...other than that
without seeing the offending document i cannot help!

--
The Code Cage Team

Regards,
The Code Cage Team
www.thecodecage.com
The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=27250

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Well, if you can see them you can reproduce them so...

To take protection off a sheet choose Tools, Protection, Unprotect Sheet
If you are asked for a password...

In Word the command is Tools, Unprotect Document.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire