Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Missing information in excell

When selecting multiple columns or rows, IE click on column A, hold and drag
multiple columns, the little box that counts the number of columns, IE 1C,
2C, 3C..., is not there. So when I do a V-Lookup function, and scroll across
the columns I need to use, it doesn't count them for me.

Has anyone else seen or have had this problem?

TIA

Stretch
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It sound like you are talking about the Name Box which is part of the
Formula Bar
Use View and click on Formula Bar
Please come back if I misread your problem
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Stretch" wrote in message
When selecting multiple columns or rows, IE click on column A, hold and
drag
multiple columns, the little box that counts the number of columns, IE 1C,
2C, 3C..., is not there. So when I do a V-Lookup function, and scroll
across
the columns I need to use, it doesn't count them for me.

Has anyone else seen or have had this problem?

TIA

Stretch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 6, 2:15*pm, Stretch wrote:
When selecting multiple columns or rows, IE click on column A, hold and drag
multiple columns, the little box that counts the number of columns, IE 1C,
2C, 3C..., is not there. *So when I do a V-Lookup function, and scroll across
the columns I need to use, it doesn't count them for me. *

Has anyone else seen or have had this problem?

TIA

Stretch

Go into Customize, to the Options tab. Turn on Tooltips.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsCustomizeOptions

Checkmark "show screentips on toolbars"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:15:01 -0800, Stretch
wrote:

When selecting multiple columns or rows, IE click on column A, hold and drag
multiple columns, the little box that counts the number of columns, IE 1C,
2C, 3C..., is not there. So when I do a V-Lookup function, and scroll across
the columns I need to use, it doesn't count them for me.

Has anyone else seen or have had this problem?

TIA

Stretch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out my reply Bernie.

Gord

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 17:24:38 -0400, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:

So how do we get OP's little box back, Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ToolsCustomizeOptions

Checkmark "show screentips on toolbars"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Perfect!! That was it. A friend of mine and I were tearing our hair out
trying to find the right option to check to get it back.

Thanx!!!

stretch