Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing text to number

I have a text code that I want to change to the numeric equilvilant. For
example my code reads: ANY.XX and I want to convert it to read 125.00
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why does ANY.XX = 125.00?

"DIAMONDGIRL" wrote:

I have a text code that I want to change to the numeric equilvilant. For
example my code reads: ANY.XX and I want to convert it to read 125.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming only one of these, use ToolsAutoCorrect

If many, perhaps a VLOOKUP table will do the trick.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:06:01 -0800, DIAMONDGIRL
wrote:

I have a text code that I want to change to the numeric equilvilant. For
example my code reads: ANY.XX and I want to convert it to read 125.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The code is set up where a letter represents a number. For example: A=1,
B=2, C=3, and so on. How do I convert the text to its equilvilant number?

"Mike H" wrote:

Why does ANY.XX = 125.00?

"DIAMONDGIRL" wrote:

I have a text code that I want to change to the numeric equilvilant. For
example my code reads: ANY.XX and I want to convert it to read 125.00

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If a letter is in A2, =CODE(A2)-64 will give 1, 2, 3, etc. from A, B, C,
etc.

It isn't clear how you have combined the results from ANY.XX to give 125.00,
as the letters A, N, Y, X, X respectively would be 1, 14, 25, 24, 24
--
David Biddulph

"DIAMONDGIRL" wrote in message
The code is set up where a letter represents a number. For example: A=1,
B=2, C=3, and so on. How do I convert the text to its equilvilant number?

"Mike H" wrote:

Why does ANY.XX = 125.00?