Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Install Program starts when selecting formula

Whenever I try to perform a math formula operation, the "Install program"
application starts and just hangs there locking up the excel. Has anyone
else experienced this and know how I might be able to correct it? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 6, 10:49*am, navyman968
wrote:
Whenever I try to perform a math formula operation, the "Install program"
application starts and just hangs there locking up the excel. *Has anyone
else experienced this and know how I might be able to correct it? *Thanks

Sounds like a virus to me. What kind of formula are you trying to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Spiky" wrote:

On Nov 6, 10:49 am, navyman968
wrote:
Whenever I try to perform a math formula operation, the "Install program"
application starts and just hangs there locking up the excel. Has anyone
else experienced this and know how I might be able to correct it? Thanks

Sounds like a virus to me. What kind of formula are you trying to do?

Any type of formula. When I click the f= on the toolbar, the install
program applicatoin window opens. Then I have to close it , which takes
several minutes, before I can get back to my math formula. I usually only
happens once when using a spreadsheet. I run regular virus scans and doubt
that is the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a virus to me. What kind of formula are you trying to do?

Any type of formula. *When I click the f= on the toolbar, the install
program applicatoin window opens. *Then I have to close it , *which takes
several minutes, before I can get back to my math formula. *I usually only
happens once when using a spreadsheet. *I run regular virus scans and doubt
that is the problem. *

I've never even seen a window like that (hence my virus comment),
unless you mean a basic Windows Installer window. Maybe someone else
has. Can you tell what it is trying to install? If it is Excel/Office,
perhaps part of your install is messed up and a Remove and reinstall
might help.