Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Repeat formula with inserted row

Hi, really need some help with the new Excel.

In row 7 I have it setup that K7=(H7-E7) and so row 8 is K8=(H8-E8).
Trouble I am having is that when I "insert" row 9 the formula does not repeat
and I have to type K9=(H9-E9). What or how do I have to set it up so that
any time I "insert" a row that it understands it needs to repeat the formula
from the row above it?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just select the complete row, above which you want to insert a row, then
click copy and then insert the copied row above it. The new row would be like
the one copied and the formulas will also be copied and updated to new values.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Fred" wrote:

Hi, really need some help with the new Excel.

In row 7 I have it setup that K7=(H7-E7) and so row 8 is K8=(H8-E8).
Trouble I am having is that when I "insert" row 9 the formula does not repeat
and I have to type K9=(H9-E9). What or how do I have to set it up so that
any time I "insert" a row that it understands it needs to repeat the formula
from the row above it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assume your range is as stated below. You can try the following:

1 Select the entire range of cells (Range A1:C5);
2. Go to Data list Create List (in Excel 2003). Insert Table (in
Excel 2007)

Number 1 Number 2 Total
1 2 3
23 45 68

Now when you insert data in A6 and B6, the formula in C6 would appear
automatically

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com