Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How

How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using =row() and =column() functions.
--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote:

How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use a HYPERLINK formula to do this - give me the exact cell
references and sheet names that you use and I'll knock up a formula for you
to try.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Bryan De-Lara" wrote in message
How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On 5 Nov, 11:44, "Pete_UK" wrote:
You can use a HYPERLINK formula to do this - give me the exact cell
references and sheet names that you use and I'll knock up a formula for you
to try.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"BryanDe-Lara" wrote in message

How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.
I have Sheet2 (Home) with names starting at A6 down to A255.
Sheet3 (A) with names starting at D6 across to IS6
It would be great if you could do that. Thanks in advance Pete.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I intend to give you a formula that goes in column B of your names
sheet, next to the name, so that you can click on that cell to jump.
Can you confirm that you have nothing in cells B6 to B255?

Pete

On Nov 5, 3:51*pm, wrote:
On 5 Nov, 11:44, "Pete_UK" wrote:

You can use a HYPERLINK formula to do this - give me the exact cell
references and sheet names that you use and I'll knock up a formula for you
to try.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"BryanDe-Lara" wrote in message

How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row.. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.
I have Sheet2 (Home) with names starting at A6 down to A255.
Sheet3 (A) with names starting at D6 across to IS6
It would be great if you could do that. Thanks in advance Pete.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 5, wrote:

On 5 Nov, 11:44, "Pete_UK" wrote:

You can use a HYPERLINK formula to do this - give me the exact cell
references and sheet names that you use and I'll knock up a formula for you
to try.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"BryanDe-Lara" wrote in message

How can I click on a name in column A (there are 250 names in this column)
on sheet 1 and go to the corresponding name on sheet 2?
On sheet 1 they go down the column, on sheet 2 they go across the row. I
have tried to do a macro with no luck. Is there any other way?
Help would be appreciated.

Bryan.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks.
I have Sheet2 (Home) with names starting at A6 down to A255.
Sheet3 (A) with names starting at D6 across to IS6
It would be great if you could do that. Thanks in advance Pete.- Hide quoted text -

Yes I can now confirm Pete, I've added a column so that B is empty.

Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Okay, Bryan, put this formula in B6:

=HYPERLINK("#A!R6C"&MATCH(A6,A!$D$6:$IS$6,0)+3,"ju mp")

and then copy down to B255. Note that the formula is using R1C1
notation, but you don't need to do anything about this.

You will see the word "jump" next to each name, so just click on one
of these to take you to the cell that contains that name along row 6
of the sheet named A. The names do not have to be in the same order on
both sheets.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 5, wrote:

On 5 Nov, 11:44, "Pete_UK" wrote:

[...]

Bryan- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 5, wrote:

On 5 Nov, 11:44, "Pete_UK" wrote:

[...]

Pete, I've tried it, it works great, thanks a million.

Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Bryan - thanks for feeding back.

Pete