Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COPY SUM FORMULAS TO SEVERAL OTHER WORKSHEETS

Hi.
I need some help with copying a formula from one worksheet to another. In
the client template worksheet it goes as follows:
=SUM('Client Template'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client Template'!$C8*Data!$C$4)
I need the 'Client Template' part of the formula (which is the name of the
worksheet) to automatically change to be name of the worksheet I am copying
it to. For example, I copy the formula from "client template" worksheet to
"Client A" worksheet. On the "Client A" worksheet the formula should read:
=SUM('Client A'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client A'!$C8*Data!$C$4). I have several
worksheet to apply this formula too.
Thanks for your help!
--
JULIE
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Julie,
you can use the formula :

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,LEN(CELL("filename",A 1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1)))

to get the current worksheet name. Now i think it will make your life easier.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"JULIE H CPA" wrote:

Hi.
I need some help with copying a formula from one worksheet to another. In
the client template worksheet it goes as follows:
=SUM('Client Template'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client Template'!$C8*Data!$C$4)
I need the 'Client Template' part of the formula (which is the name of the
worksheet) to automatically change to be name of the worksheet I am copying
it to. For example, I copy the formula from "client template" worksheet to
"Client A" worksheet. On the "Client A" worksheet the formula should read:
=SUM('Client A'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client A'!$C8*Data!$C$4). I have several
worksheet to apply this formula too.
Thanks for your help!
--
JULIE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do I insert that formula into my existing formula somewhere, or does it take
the place of my existing formula? It doesn't look anything like my current
SUM formula, which works, except when copying it to another sheet.
--
JULIE

"JULIE H CPA" wrote:

Hi.
I need some help with copying a formula from one worksheet to another. In
the client template worksheet it goes as follows:
=SUM('Client Template'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client Template'!$C8*Data!$C$4)
I need the 'Client Template' part of the formula (which is the name of the
worksheet) to automatically change to be name of the worksheet I am copying
it to. For example, I copy the formula from "client template" worksheet to
"Client A" worksheet. On the "Client A" worksheet the formula should read:
=SUM('Client A'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client A'!$C8*Data!$C$4). I have several
worksheet to apply this formula too.
Thanks for your help!
--
JULIE

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

JULIE H CPA wrote:
Hi.
I need some help with copying a formula from one worksheet to another. In
the client template worksheet it goes as follows:
=SUM('Client Template'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client Template'!$C8*Data!$C$4)
I need the 'Client Template' part of the formula (which is the name of the
worksheet) to automatically change to be name of the worksheet I am copying
it to. For example, I copy the formula from "client template" worksheet to
"Client A" worksheet. On the "Client A" worksheet the formula should read:
=SUM('Client A'!$B8*Data!$C$3+'Client A'!$C8*Data!$C$4). I have several
worksheet to apply this formula too.
Thanks for your help!

Just remove - 'Client Template'! <- because it is referring to the current
sheet. Then you can copy it to any other sheet as needed.

Also, the SUM() is not necessary. Your formula should look like this:

=$B8*Data!$C$3+$C8*Data!$C$4