Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Visible Cells Only

When using the filter function in Office 2003, the "drag and drop" method of
copying and pasting defaulted to paste only on those cells that were
currently visible based on the filter constraints. In Office 2007, the
default is to paste onto EVERY cell, regardless of whether it is currently
visible. I know that I can turn on the "Visible Cells Only" function through
"Find & Select", "Go To Special", but how do I make that PERMANENT?? Even
within the same session of the same worksheet, it turns itself off again as
soon as I re-filter. I deals with tens of thousands of lines of data and
this is causing me tons of problems. PLEASE HELP!!