Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Logical formula from a list

I have a list of approved vendors (vendor numbers) on sheet 2. On sheet 1, I
need Excel to look at A1 to see if that vendor number is in the list of
approved numbers on sheet 2 and return true or false. How can I tell it to
look in the list of approx. 115 vendors to see if the number is approved?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use COUNTIF():

Assuming the list is in column A on Sheet2:

=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet2!A:A,Sheet1!A1)0,"On the list","Not on the list")

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200811

"charlie" wrote:

I have a list of approved vendors (vendor numbers) on sheet 2. On sheet 1, I
need Excel to look at A1 to see if that vendor number is in the list of
approved numbers on sheet 2 and return true or false. How can I tell it to
look in the list of approx. 115 vendors to see if the number is approved?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CRS CRS is offline

Charlie,
Disregard my previous post. I was thinking of a different scenario. Sorry.