Magic

Default Reversing First & Last Name

Joe Brown is the text in a cell. Is there a worksheet function that I can
turn this into Brown, Joe in another cell.
Niek Otten

See

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Magic" wrote in message
Joe Brown is the text in a cell. Is there a worksheet function that I can
turn this into Brown, Joe in another cell.

Alan Perkins

One way:
Assuming you have the name in cell A1...

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)

"Magic" wrote in message
Joe Brown is the text in a cell. Is there a worksheet function that I can
turn this into Brown, Joe in another cell.

Domenic

Assuming no middle initials, try...

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1))&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)

Hope this helps!