Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Comparing Two Different Cells Using Conditional Format

Hello,

I have a date formatted as 3/14/2001 in column U and a code ZZ in column AA.
In column AA, I want to use conditional formatting that will show red if
there is not a date in column U but there is a code in column AA. How can I
do this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Selext AA1 and then

Format|Conditional format
Formula is and enter the formula
=AND(NOT(ISNUMBER(U1)),AA1="zz")

Pick a colour
OK

Use format painter to copy this down column AA

Mike

"Daren" wrote:

Hello,

I have a date formatted as 3/14/2001 in column U and a code ZZ in column AA.
In column AA, I want to use conditional formatting that will show red if
there is not a date in column U but there is a code in column AA. How can I
do this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Mike,

Thanks. The code zz was just an example. Basically, I just need the
conditional formatting that will show red if there is not a date in column U
but there is any code in column AA.