Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using functions to correlate data

Hi there.

I want to use a function to reduce the workload in a spreadsheet by having
it automatically correlate data for me.

The layout is this.

The first coumn has dates.
The second column has the particular events happening on those dates.

I then have a second spreadsheet. What I want is to be able to enter any
particular date on that spreadsheet, and have the formula automatically enter
the event into a blank box.

I'd then also like to have it look up all of the people in attendance on
that date, and enter them into a set of rows beneath the date and event.

I realize this all sounds a little complicated, but I'm trying to set up
three months' worth of event programming, and it would simplify everything no
end!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Where are all the people in attendance? Sheet1:

A B
1/1/2009 Kickoff
1/2/2009 Farewell for JT
1/5/2009 Seminar

And where do you want the people so show up on the sheet where you enter the
date? Sheet2:

A B
1/2/2009 Farewell for JT

--