Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula to calculate month of last status update

Hi all,

Had a question about creating a formula. The following is an example
of the data I have:

Month of last status MonthsSinceUpdate

11
2
0
7
7
0
0
4
4

I have a formula to calculate how many months since the last update,
but is there a way I can create a formula so it can automatically
determine what month that is based on the current month? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a perfect solution for EDATE. If you have the Analysis
Toolpack installed, or Excel 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=MONTH(EDATE(TODAY(),-C1))

Where C1 contains your numbers below. EDATE is an analysis toolpak function
so you must attach it - Tools, Add-ins, and check Analysis ToolPak

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Chris" wrote:

Hi all,

Had a question about creating a formula. The following is an example
of the data I have:

Month of last status MonthsSinceUpdate

11
2
0
7
7
0
0
4
4

I have a formula to calculate how many months since the last update,
but is there a way I can create a formula so it can automatically
determine what month that is based on the current month? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If I understand....

=TEXT(DATE(2008,MONTH(NOW())-A1,1),"mmmm")

Copy down as needed

Based on your data these are the results:

11 = November
2 = August
0 = October
7 = Match
4 = June

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
Hi all,

Had a question about creating a formula. The following is an example
of the data I have:

Month of last status MonthsSinceUpdate

11
2
0
7
7
0
0
4
4

I have a formula to calculate how many months since the last update,
but is there a way I can create a formula so it can automatically
determine what month that is based on the current month? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Chris" wrote in message

Hi all,

Had a question about creating a formula. The following is an example
of the data I have:

Month of last status * * * * * * * * MonthsSinceUpdate

11
2
0
7
7
0
0
4
4

I have a formula to calculate how many months since the last update,
but is there a way I can create a formula so it can automatically
determine what month that is based on the current month? Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the help! Got it to work!

-Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 31, 12:12*pm, ShaneDevenshire
wrote:
Hi,

=MONTH(EDATE(TODAY(),-C1))

Don't think you want the MONTH function. Just format the cell as
"mmmm".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!

--