Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need help on count entires with conditions

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A30=C1)*(B1:B30="Approved"))

Where
Column A = factory names
Column B= Status
C1 = Factory you are trying to count for.

Mike

"sajid" wrote:

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It gives a NUM# error. may be because both columns have text entries to
compare

any other solution??

thanks

sajid

"sajid" wrote:

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try as I might I can't make this formula produce a NUM# error and it works
perfectly comparing text in 2 columns. Did you use the formula I gave you or
did you modify it. What precisly do you have in these 2 ranges? post some
sample data.

Mike

"sajid" wrote:

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried with the below formula

=SUMPRODUCT(('Clothing TL&T Sample record'!D:D="CKT)*('Clothing TL&T Sample
record'!J:O=""App"))

and it gave me the NUM error

"sajid" wrote:

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can't use full columns with sumproduct. Is 50000 rows enough? I've also
corrected the Syntax

=SUMPRODUCT(('Clothing TL&T Sample record'!D1:D50000="CKT")*('Clothing TL&T
Sample record'!J1:O50000="App"))

Mike

"sajid" wrote:

Hi

I have an excel sheet with few columns. one column contain factory names.
the factory name repeats. another column contains the status which can be
either "Approved" or "Rejected". I need to count how many times does a
factory got approved status.

please help on which formula can capture these simultaneous entries.

thanks

Sajid

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mike

thank for your continuous reply. In fact i tried
=SUMPRODUCT(('Clothing TL&T Sample record'!D:D5000="CKT")*('Clothing TL&T
Sample record'!J:O5000="App"))

but now it gives a name# error

what can be the issue?

please help