Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match function

I'm using the Match function & I'm having trouble because I'm copying info
from a web page & pasting it into my Excel - when I paste it - it's actually
a link to the web page...so my function will not work.

How do I convert the data so it will work - I've looked at reformating but
haven't had any luck. I can't use excel's find feature because the data is
too long. That would have been easiest...

Any ideas?

Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you paste in the data, can you do a Paste special - Values?

If your needing the links, another option might be to use the VALUE function.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M