Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
K K is offline

Default sumproduct over 2 rows of which one is a date

I have 2 columns one is date & the other is text - I need a formula to tell
me how many times each text appears on each date

I thought =Sumproduct((A1:A200="date")*(B1:B200="Text")) would work. The
even more complicated bit is the "date" bit is in a cell to enable it to be
copied down
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This isn't clear and you may have to post some sample data but how about this

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$200=C1)*($B$1:$B$200="Text"))

Drag down and it will check a range of dates that appear in c1 down

Mike