Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default lowest figure greater than 1

I need a formula to show the lowest figure, but not 0 in an excel spreadsheet.

Can anyone help???!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

I need a formula to show the lowest figure,
but not 0 in an excel spreadsheet.

Something like this, in say B1,
with the formula confirmed via CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER:
=MIN(IF(A1:A100,A1:A10))
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want the minimum number in a range excluding zero?

If yes then copy this in a cell
=MIN(IF(A1:A100=0,"",A1:A100))
and press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

Adjust 100 to the last row in your data set.

"Kendo" wrote:

I need a formula to show the lowest figure, but not 0 in an excel spreadsheet.

Can anyone help???!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For the OP's benefit, if you just wanted to exclude zero (and not exclude
negative values), Max's formula would become
=MIN(IF(A1:A10<0,A1:A10))
whereas if you wanted only to use numbers greater than 1 (as in your subject
line), it would become
=MIN(IF(A1:A101,A1:A10))
--
David Biddulph

"Kendo" wrote in message

I need a formula to show the lowest figure,
but not 0 in an excel spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To exclude 0's and negatives, you could try:

=Small(A1:A50,1+Countif(A1:A50,0))
--

HTH,

RD

"Kendo" wrote in message

I need a formula to show the lowest figure, but not 0 in an excel
spreadsheet.

Can anyone help???!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kendo wrote...
I need a formula to show the lowest figure, but not 0 in an excel spreadsheet.

So smallest positive? That'd mean 0, but your subject line says 1.

This can be done in general without array formulas as

=SMALL(range,COUNTIF(range,"<="&x)+1)

which returns the smallest value in range greater than x. That said,
the array formula

=MIN(IF(rangex,range))

is more efficient - faster recalc, uses fewer resources.