Junior Member

Default Skip if false?

Hello all,

I have a spreadsheet containing some machine information. One colomn has an IF Function to determine if the machine needs a new name plate or not.(=IF(C3="n","No",IF(D3="N","Yes","No")). Obviously looking at two other columns to make the decision. I would like to transfer only the machines needing a name plate to another spreadsheet. If i put another IF Function in the new spreadsheet, is there a way to make it skip over the machines that do not need a name plate? Something like (=IF('Equipment Report (Simple List)'!E3="Yes",'Equipment Report (Simple List)'!A3,""). This will return a blank if the machine does not need one. I would like to just get the machines needing the new tags. I know I could go through and just delete the blank lines, but we're taking about thousands of machines!

Thanks in advance for the help.

DefautT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try <Data<Filter<AutoFilter then set the filter to get only those where
you get a true condition in your formula. Then you can simply copy the
filtered data to another location.

Tom
Junior Member

Thanks, it worked great. Pretty simple too. <Slaps hand on forehead, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Try <Data<Filter<AutoFilter then set the filter to get only those where
you get a true condition in your formula. Then you can simply copy the
filtered data to another location.

Tom[/quote]