Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Database or Access??

I have 3 sheets:

Sheet1: Stocks (many location, so partno can be repeated)
A B C D
partno Location Qty Value

Sheet2: Sales (partno mostly repeated because of sales on many dates)
A B C D
partno Date Qty Value

Sheet3: Backlog (partno unique)
A B C D
partno Date Avail Qty Value

I need to combine the 3 sheets into one: (partno will be unique)

A B C D E
F G H
partno stock qty stock value sales qty sales value Date
avail backlog qty backlog value

Which application is more suitable? Excel or Access?

How to do it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you want the data to be accessed by more than one person at a time? Yes,
probably Access.

Do you want to update the data? Are there many data items?

Quite honestly, if you design the tables well, use range names and other
good practices, you could use ADO to read the 3 tables into one results set
with everything in Excel. If this became problematical later, it would be
trivial to migrate the data to an Access database (forget the Access UI,
apart from creating the tables and maybe adding new data manually).

--
HTH

Bob