Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default applying a formula to an entire spreadsheet

I am trying to average several numbers on a sheet. I figured out how to get
r3/x3 but I don't want to type this in for 250 rows. How do I apply it to the
whole spreadsheet? I have limited to computer skills, just have enough to be
dangerous.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

I'd assume you have entered in say, Y3: =R3/X3. To copy Y3 down, just point
your cursor to the bottom right corner of Y3 (the cursor will turn into a
solid black square -- that's the fill handle), then drag it down as far as
required. And if the adjacent col X contains data all the way down, then you
just need to double-click on Y3's fill handle, and the formula in Y3 will
fill down to the last data row in col X.
--
Max
Singapore
"michelle" wrote:
I am trying to average several numbers on a sheet. I figured out how to get
r3/x3 but I don't want to type this in for 250 rows. How do I apply it to the
whole spreadsheet? I have limited to computer skills, just have enough to be
dangerous.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Thank you, I knew there had to be an easy way
I just had no idea how to do it.

Welcome. Pl take a moment to rate that response
by pressing the Yes button (like the ones below).