Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Separate name and numbers

I have a column with names and number(s) in them and want to end up with the
name in one column and the number(s) in another column. The first names may
actually be just one name or it could include middle and/or title. The
number may be 1 or more numbers (these are page number(s) for this name).
Here are a few examples:

S. J. 45, 46, 59, 71, 138, 139
S. J., Mrs. 138
Samuel J. 51
Sally 3
W. 41
Warren 17, 61, 71, 95, 109

I want 2 columns:
Name Page
S. J. 45, 46, 59, 71, 138, 139
Samuel J. 51
Sally 3
W. 41
Warren 17, 61 71, 95, 109

Can this be done?
thanks in advance if you can help, Sherry