Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumIf with NA

1 10
2 #N/A
3 20
4 #N/A
5 =SumIf(A1:A4,"<NA")

Some cells in a column of numbers evaluate to #N/A. I would like to sum the
column but ignore the #N/A entries. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT
creating a separate criteria column? I have tried various versions of the
syntax in cell A5 above without success.

Thank you,
Art
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=SUM(IF(NOT(ISERROR(A1:A3)),A1:A3))

This is an array which must be entered with CTRL+Shift+Enter and not just
enter. If you do it correctly Excel will put curly brackets around the
formula {}. You can't type these yourself.

Mike

"ArthurJ" wrote:

1 10
2 #N/A
3 20
4 #N/A
5 =SumIf(A1:A4,"<NA")

Some cells in a column of numbers evaluate to #N/A. I would like to sum the
column but ignore the #N/A entries. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT
creating a separate criteria column? I have tried various versions of the
syntax in cell A5 above without success.

Thank you,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Couple of ways:

=SUMIF(A1:A4,"<#N/A")
OR
=SUMIF(A1:A4,"<"&99^99)
--

HTH,

RD

"ArthurJ" wrote in message
1 10
2 #N/A
3 20
4 #N/A
5 =SumIf(A1:A4,"<NA")

Some cells in a column of numbers evaluate to #N/A. I would like to sum the
column but ignore the #N/A entries. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT
creating a separate criteria column? I have tried various versions of the
syntax in cell A5 above without success.

Thank you,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Apologies I should have looked more carefully at your formula instead

=SUMIF(A1:A3,"<#N/A")

This time not an array.

Mike

"ArthurJ" wrote:

1 10
2 #N/A
3 20
4 #N/A
5 =SumIf(A1:A4,"<NA")

Some cells in a column of numbers evaluate to #N/A. I would like to sum the
column but ignore the #N/A entries. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT
creating a separate criteria column? I have tried various versions of the
syntax in cell A5 above without success.

Thank you,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Should mention that the second suggestion:

=SUMIF(A1:A4,"<"&99^99)

Will by-pass all errors, not just the #N/A error.

RD

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Couple of ways:

=SUMIF(A1:A4,"<#N/A")
OR
=SUMIF(A1:A4,"<"&99^99)
--

HTH,

RD

"ArthurJ" wrote in message
1 10
2 #N/A
3 20
4 #N/A
5 =SumIf(A1:A4,"<NA")

Some cells in a column of numbers evaluate to #N/A. I would like to sum the
column but ignore the #N/A entries. Is there a way to do this WITHOUT
creating a separate criteria column? I have tried various versions of the
syntax in cell A5 above without success.

Thank you,
Art

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Trype or paste in A5
=SUM(IF( ISNA(A1:A4),0,A1:A4))
then press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER

sumif Sue Excel Worksheet Functions 3 May 21st 08 09:41 PM
sumif for multi conditions. i.e sumif(A1:A10,"Jon" and B1:B10,"A" Harry Seymour Excel Worksheet Functions 9 June 12th 07 10:47 PM
Embedding a Sumif in a sumif C.Pflugrath Excel Worksheet Functions 5 August 31st 05 07:31 PM
nested sumif or sumif with two criteria dshigley Excel Worksheet Functions 5 April 5th 05 03:34 AM
SUMIF - Range name to used for the "sum_range" portion of a SUMIF function Oscar Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 11th 05 11:01 PM