Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum

Hi,

I have the following

A list that gets longer and longer each time - (all information is recoreded
from an entry and is variable)

a2024 24/10/2008 1
478589 24/10/2008 3
A8126 24/10/2008 2
a2024 30/10/2008 1
A8126 01/11/2008 3

I also have a list which shows the code, starting qty and remaining qty.

Index "Total Qty(Packs)" "Remaining Qty(Packs)"
A2024 6 3
A8126 16 14
134708 10 10

What I want to do is subtract the total number of each code in the first
list and subtract it from the "Total Qty (Packs)" column to give me an answer
in "Remaining Qty (Packs)

I am sure this can be done with a sum but just not sure which one and how!

Thanks
--
Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Leanne,

Something along the lines of

=B2-SUMIF(ListColA,A2,ListColB)

Where ListColA is the first column of your list - it may need a sheet identifier if your table is on
a different sheet....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP