Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing values in cell based on system date

Hi... I have a value in a cell which is the percentage of work
completed in a day. This value changes automatically based on the
values in the other sheets. Say it is 30 % on 23-Oct-2008 and the
value is in cell D1.

Now, I am trying to create in the sheet something like this, (Say
today's date is 25-Oct-2008)

A B
23-Oct-2008 30%
24-Oct-2008 50%
25-Oct-2008 70%
26-Oct-2008 Pending
27-Oct-2008 Pending

Could you help me with a solution such that column B above,
automatically changes values "everyday" based on cell D1 value?

Thanks for your help.

Vicky

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joerg - Thanks for the reply. If I use,
"=IF(A1<TODAY(),"Pending",D1)" and say today is 25-Oct-2008, on 26-
Oct-2008 I think the excel looks like below (Assuming D1 is now 80%)

A B
23-Oct-2008 Pending
24-Oct-2008 Pending
25-Oct-2008 Pending
26-Oct-2008 80%
27-Oct-2008 80%

Thought of keeping old dates the same value (though D1 changes
automatically) and future dates as "Pending".

Thanks for any inputs.

Vicky.