Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why is there 0.01 difference when I set up sum function in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Oct 23, 8:51*pm, Question wrote:
Subject: Why is there 0.01 difference when I set up sum
function in excel?

Without details, we can only speculate. A common cause of small
differences is the fact that few numbers can be represented exactly in
Excel, which relies on binary computer arithmetic. This is
especially true when the individual values are the result of other
computations.

Another common cause is mistaking the displayed value for the true
value. Even if the displayed value appears rounded to 2 decimal
places, the actual value in the cell might be computed to more decimal
places.

In both cases, the remedy is the liberal use of the ROUND function;
for example, =ROUND(100/3,2); and =ROUND(SUM(A1:A10),2), even if each
of A1:A10 has been rounded.

Does this help?

PS: In the future, please repeat your question in the body of your
posting.