Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Database - mulitple selection

I have database of sales info.

I need to filter for a list of 10 customers who bought a list of 20 items.

With the custom filtering, i can only select 2 customers or 2 partno. each
time.

How can I get around this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use Advanced Filter - Debra Dalgleish has some notes he

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Alternatively, you could list your 10 customers elsewhere in your
sheet, eg X1:X10, and then in a helper column you could have a formula
like:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,X$1:X$10,0)),"no","yes")

copied down, assuming your customer name is in column A. Then you
could apply the autofilter to the helper column and select yes from
the pull-down. You could do a similar thing for the 20 items bought.

Hope this helps.

Pete