Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copy data from 1 cell to another.

I am looking to copy data from one cell to another depending on another cell.

Basically like this

a b c d
1 name1 item1 status1 type1
2 name2 item2 status2 type2

So if in cell g4 which is the same type as a1, has the same name, like name1, then copy cell c1 to i4.

Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default added info

I should have mentioned that I am hoping that you can specify a range of cells to look at. Like A1:A200, and if there is a match, then copy the corresponding C# to G#.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad you added this, because that is completely different. First, you
shouldn't think of it as "copying" the data. If you use formulas, you
are asking Excel to calculate or lookup something else. Copying is
something YOU do, probably with the mouse.

Question:
Can the Name1 be repeated in column A, or is there only ever one
instance of each name?