Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filter limits?

I have a spread sheet with filters, i am noticing that when i am looking for
an item in one of my filters it is not there, but if I sort the actual spread
sheet and look for it that way it is there? Why isn't it in the filter? Is
there a row limit?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The drop-down can only display up to 1000 different items (in Excel
2003 and earlier). However, you can still get to the item that you
want. For example, if your items are text items then in a helper
column you can just have the initial letter (=LEFT(A1,1), copied down)
and filter on that. Then you can apply the filter to your main column
and you will only see the items which begin with the letter you have
selected from your helper column.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 22, 2:53*pm, Leslie wrote:
I have a spread sheet with filters, i am noticing that when i am looking for
an item in one of my filters it is not there, but if I sort the actual spread
sheet and look for it that way it is there? *Why isn't it in the filter? *Is
there a row limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome, Leslie - thanks for feeding back.

For further comments about this, click on this link to Debra
Dalgleish's site:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Pete

On Oct 22, 3:23*pm, Leslie wrote: