Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Asterix, how to replace it?

HI,

Help needed for following problem;

I'll have a lot of rows/colums(like 50 000) where is text and numbers.
Some of those lines have Asterix (*) character, it is allways first character.
How can I replace/remove that sign without doing it manually.
If I use replace function, it delete all characters in that column.

Thank you in advance,

Kupa72

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISERROR(REPLACE(A2,FIND("*",A2,1),1,"")),A2,RE PLACE(A2,FIND("*",A2,1),1,"")))
Explanation:
IF(ISERROR handles cases where there are no *
REPLACE(with_in text,start_number,number_of_char,replacement_text)
for start_number we find the *
number_of_char is 1
replacement_text is nothing ""

REP