Mr. G.

Default Data Validation

Hopefully someone can help.

Currently my worksheet displays all rows. I've set it up where certain
groups of cells (i.e., E10:E13, F35:F38, & F45:F54) correspond to their own
drop down lists (via data validation). To avoid duplication, these items are
removed from their list when selected. My goal is to minimize the number of
rows visable to the User. Therefore, is there such a formula (or can I
incorporate a macro into the drop down menu) that will only display
additional rows as needed? In other words, is it possible to initially hide
rows 11, 12, 36 thru 39, and 46 thru 54 when the User opens the file, but
only have these row(s) become visable (one at a time) when the an item is
selected from the drop down list in the previous row. For example, if the
User populates cell E10, I'd like for row 11 (initially hidden) to become
visable in order to make cell E11 availble if necessary.

Otto was helping me earlier on a simialar situation, but I've since made a
few changes to my worksheet (i.e., data validation) which leads me to beleive
that the above situation needs resolving first.