Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do i round up an answer in a cell that has a formula attached?

I have copied a number from another worsheet onto a cell (G-5) on another
spreadsheet then typed a formula into a cell B5=G5/210 but the answer differs
from that as when i work it out on a calculator. I think the reason is the
decimal places that i have brought in from the other worksheet, but if i
check the number of decimal places, it is already set at 2 decimal places.
This is giving us a nightmare on an accounting system that we have which
differs in the final answer to the spreadsheet that we have.
Can anybody help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put this formula in B5:

=ROUND(G5/210,2)

If the cell is set with a format of 2 decimal places, this affects the
display of the number, not its value.

Hope this helps.

Pete