Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KCR KCR is offline

Default Counting multiple criteria

Hello

I am trying to count a combination of criteria across a visitor information
log.

For example I am trying to count how many times a NEW visitor with LUNG
cancer attended a BOOKED activity. E.g. from the below I would want to be
able to end up with the answer 2:

New or Return Cancer Type Activity

New Lung Drop In
Return Skin Booked
New Lung Booked
New Skin Drop In
New Lung Booked

Can anyone help? I hope this make sense!

Many thanks
KCR

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you can also use the following array formula Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=sum(if((range1="New")*(range2="Lung")*(range3='Dr op In"),1)

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com