mjh

Default Sum Formula Help Please

I have a workbook with sheets for every day of the month - from 1st 30 31st.
I want to sum cells from all sheets and I'm using the following:

=sum('1st':'31st'C12)

but it won't work. I know it's probably something to do with the fact that
there are numbers rather than text but I can't work it out. Can someone
please help?

TIA and very grateful if someone can.

Michele

Chip Pearson

Michele,

You're missing a ! between the sheet names and the cell
reference. Try the following:

=SUM('1st:31st'!C12)

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mjh" wrote in message
I have a workbook with sheets for every day of the month - from
1st 30 31st.
I want to sum cells from all sheets and I'm using the
following:

=sum('1st':'31st'C12)

but it won't work. I know it's probably something to do with
the fact that
there are numbers rather than text but I can't work it out. Can
someone
please help?

TIA and very grateful if someone can.

Michele

mjh

Thanks to both of you who replied. I missed it on the formula I wrote out
here - the ! that is - but not when I did it on the sheet. I've noticed that
both of you have written '1st:31st' and not '1st':'31st'; could that be the
answer?

Many thanks again.

Michele