Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default highlight the row if meets the condition

I want to right a macro or if i can use condition format where I want to
highlight the rows if col A contain text as "Total".

How would it work also if I run the Pivot table where I also like to
highlight row where the total is?

thanks.
dinesh
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells including row 1
In conditional formatting use formula is =$A1="Total" and format as desired...

Formatting does not translate to formulas/PIVOT tables...

I have not tried to do conditonal formatting in PIVOT table... I will get
back to you on that tomorrow... if someone else does not provide the answer...
--
Always provide your feedback so that others know whether the solution worked
or problem still persists ...

"Dinesh" wrote:

I want to right a macro or if i can use condition format where I want to
highlight the rows if col A contain text as "Total".

How would it work also if I run the Pivot table where I also like to
highlight row where the total is?

thanks.
dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Based on the formula, it only highlightds the one cell (A1) but not the
entire row or does not allow to put the other parameter. (for example: to
highlight a thru g)

Dinesh

"Dinesh" wrote:

I want to right a macro or if i can use condition format where I want to
highlight the rows if col A contain text as "Total".

How would it work also if I run the Pivot table where I also like to
highlight row where the total is?

thanks.
dinesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you enter A1 or $A1?

If you data is in A1:Z100 then select the whole range and then enter the
formula...

It will highlight row n based on the cell An...

--

"Dinesh" wrote:

I want to right a macro or if i can use condition format where I want to
highlight the rows if col A contain text as "Total".

How would it work also if I run the Pivot table where I also like to
highlight row where the total is?

thanks.
dineshI

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dinesh,

The two most likely reasons you didn't get Sheeloo's solution to work is 1.
You need to make sure the cell reference is mixed: $A1 not $A$1. 2. I
think Sheeloo missed a step, when you choose Format, Conditional Formatting
you must choose Formula is from the first drop down and then enter the
formula in the second box.

Regarding Pivot Tables, yes you can use conditional formatting but because
pivot table change size as one picks items from various filters or refreshes
with different amounts of data, you need to use more sophisticated formulas.
If you have an example, tell us what the pivot table looks like and I could
construct a formula for you.

If any of this is helpful, please click the Yes button.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire