Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Format - Highlighting the whole row

Hi:
I'm have a 2007 excel spreadsheet.
I'm trying to highlight the whole row that has a specific value in one column.
For example: I want the rows in A1:K95 that have J1:J95=R
How do i do that? Please advice ... I'm sooo frustated - tried everything,
nothing seems to work.
Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Sean's example is for 2003, but you do it differently in 2007:

1. Select the range you want formatted A1:K95
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Pick Use a formula to determine which cells to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true box enter the formula
=$J1="R"
5. Click the Format button and pick your format, click OK twice.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire