Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default FORMULA NOT WORKING

here's my formula
=IF(AND($D70,$L7<($E7-$F7),$AV7=AW7),AW7,"NO")
Argument 1 is true - D7 is greater than 0
Argument 2 is false - L7 is equal to E7-F7
Argument 3 is true €“ AV7 is greater than AW 7

Still €“ the formula is returning AW7 instead of NO

HELP!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

With the 3 conditions you note the formula returns NO for me so I suggest
you check your data. Are they really number? Are the numbers smaller/larger
than you think they are because formatting is changing the way you are seeing
them?

Mike

"Gator Girl" wrote:

here's my formula
=IF(AND($D70,$L7<($E7-$F7),$AV7=AW7),AW7,"NO")
Argument 1 is true - D7 is greater than 0
Argument 2 is false - L7 is equal to E7-F7
Argument 3 is true €“ AV7 is greater than AW 7

Still €“ the formula is returning AW7 instead of NO

HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi, Mike. Thanks for responding.
I started playing - it seems that the "culprit" is $L7<($E7-$F7).
All three cells are formatted as "accounting".
L7 has no formula.
E7 has no formula.
F7 does ....=IF(E70,((E7-500)*0.015)+15,0)

If I put this formula in L7 ........=E7-F7...., then the formula in M7 works
- but I can't put a formula in L7 because it isn't ALWAYS E7-F7.

"Gator Girl" wrote:

here's my formula
=IF(AND($D70,$L7<($E7-$F7),$AV7=AW7),AW7,"NO")
Argument 1 is true - D7 is greater than 0
Argument 2 is false - L7 is equal to E7-F7
Argument 3 is true €“ AV7 is greater than AW 7

Still €“ the formula is returning AW7 instead of NO

HELP!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this: increase all three cells to 4 decimal places and see which
is actually bigger. One of your cells probably is not exactly what you
think due to the number of decimal places in formatting.

Maybe you need to add a Round function to your formula to force a
certain number of decimal places, I'm assuming 2.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have been missing a lot of posts in OE recently so you may already have
been given an enswer that I cannot see but:

If F7 is formatted as Accounting then you could ROUND() the calculation in
F7 thus:

=IF(E70,ROUND((E7-500)*0.015+15,2),0)

To make the return from F7 the same as what you are seeing in the
spreadsheet. This may make your formula work.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings