Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumif criteria between two dates

I'm trying to sum select cells in a column, say Column C based on the dates
in Column A if the date falls between two dates selected from cells in a
seperate sheet of the same work book. For example if my critera cells
contained the start date 10/01/08 and the end date 10/03/08 it would return
the total $1100

Ex. A B C D
DATE BATCH NAILS SCREWS
1 10/01/08 RED $100 $20
2 10/02/08 BLUE $200 $10
3 10/05/08 GREEN $400 $30
4 10/03/08 YELLOW $800 $05

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put start date in E2, end date in F2, then
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A5=E2),--(A2:A5<=F2),C2:C5)

Regards,
Stefi

€žSteve R€ť ezt Ă*rta:

I'm trying to sum select cells in a column, say Column C based on the dates
in Column A if the date falls between two dates selected from cells in a
seperate sheet of the same work book. For example if my critera cells
contained the start date 10/01/08 and the end date 10/03/08 it would return
the total $1100

Ex. A B C D
DATE BATCH NAILS SCREWS
1 10/01/08 RED $100 $20
2 10/02/08 BLUE $200 $10
3 10/05/08 GREEN $400 $30
4 10/03/08 YELLOW $800 $05

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can also use the DSUM() function. It is quite well explained in Excel's
Help menu. The criteria you will have to supply is =10/01/08 and
<=10/03/08. Please ensure that the heading of these columns is Date.

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Steve R" wrote in message
I'm trying to sum select cells in a column, say Column C based on the
dates
in Column A if the date falls between two dates selected from cells in a
seperate sheet of the same work book. For example if my critera cells
contained the start date 10/01/08 and the end date 10/03/08 it would
return
the total $1100

Ex. A B C D
DATE BATCH NAILS SCREWS
1 10/01/08 RED $100 $20
2 10/02/08 BLUE $200 $10
3 10/05/08 GREEN $400 $30
4 10/03/08 YELLOW $800 $05

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF(A:A,"="&H1,C:C)-SUMIF(A:A,""&H2,C:C)

where H1 and H2 contain the start and end dates.

--
HTH

Bob