Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup to various workbooks

Hi All

I have 5 workbooks which are all structured the same but contain
different pricing on the lists within them.
I'll name them A, B, C, D & E
I have yet another workbook named "Pricing"

I want to do a lookup from "Pricing" to one of the "lettered"
workbooks AND one of the items within.
It's sort of a compound lookup. How could I set up the formulas in the
"Pricing" book for all the items and have a letter code at the top of
the sheet for A, B etc., to choose which book I'm taking the pricing
from?

Thanks very much for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I would have all the data in one workbook on separate Sheets.
Create some defined names for the different pricelists
InsertNameDefineName List A Refers to SheetA!$A$1:$Z$100
Make the range sufficient to cover all of your rows and columns
Repeat for ListB, ListC and ListD

On the Pricing sheet assuming the product ID is in column A and the List you
want to take the price from is in column B, then use
=VLOOKUP(A2,INDIRECT("List"&B2),offset,0)
where offset is the column number in the list from where you want to extract
the data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier