Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default list unique values in a list

I have a list of vendor names with some names repeated.
How do I get a listing of all vendor names?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Copy to new location and Unique records only

For more on this see Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:14:07 -0700, bobby769
wrote:

I have a list of vendor names with some names repeated.
How do I get a listing of all vendor names?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

I have a list of vendor names with some names repeated.
How do I get a listing of all vendor names?

Another fast n easy way is to create a pivot. Assuming the col label is
Vendor, in step 3 of the wiz., click Layout, then drag n drop Vendor into
both the ROW and DATA areas. Click OK Finish. Done! Hop over to the pivot
sheet for the desired results: the required uniques list in the 1st col, with
corresponding counts in the 2nd.
--
Max
Singapore