Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell for date last updated

I am trying to set up a cell for each row that shows when that row was last
updated... any suggestions??

thx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The following worksheet event macro uses column E to record the date:

Application.EnableEvents = False
Range("E" & Target.Row).Value = Date
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Adjust the column to suit your needs.

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200807