Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Inserting a formula into a sentance.

I would like to put a formula into a sentance, the sentance is not allows the
same so I can not have it in two cells and print it the way I want it to.

(Example: The color of my car is red.)
What I would like to be able to do is have the word "red" equal another cell.

The color if my car is [=A1].
All of this would still be in one cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

="The color of my car is "&A1
use the Ampersand (&) to combine
Hope this helps.
--
John C

"Stacey" wrote:

I would like to put a formula into a sentance, the sentance is not allows the
same so I can not have it in two cells and print it the way I want it to.

(Example: The color of my car is red.)
What I would like to be able to do is have the word "red" equal another cell.

The color if my car is [=A1].
All of this would still be in one cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Stacey,

Try

="The colour of my car is " & A1

Mike

"Stacey" wrote:

I would like to put a formula into a sentance, the sentance is not allows the
same so I can not have it in two cells and print it the way I want it to.

(Example: The color of my car is red.)
What I would like to be able to do is have the word "red" equal another cell.

The color if my car is [=A1].
All of this would still be in one cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

="the color of my car is " & INDIRECT("A1")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP