Frustrated Excel user

Default Converting imported numbers to decimals (rather than /100)

I have some numbers that I want to import from another program into Excel
that are not shown as decimals. Rather than create a micro that takes every
number I import and divide it by 100, is there an easier way to set up my
Excel spreadsheet so that when I import these numbers, it automatically
converts them? (e.g. they are showing as 1219 and the number should really be
12.19)???
N Harkawat

Simply import it as it is
Then do the following
type 100 into a blank cell
copy it
select the column that hold the numbers that you need divided by 100
edit-paste special-
select divide
hit ok
'This will divide the entire range by 100

"Frustrated Excel user" <Frustrated Excel
wrote in message ...
I have some numbers that I want to import from another program into Excel
that are not shown as decimals. Rather than create a micro that takes
every
number I import and divide it by 100, is there an easier way to set up my
Excel spreadsheet so that when I import these numbers, it automatically
converts them? (e.g. they are showing as 1219 and the number should really
be
12.19)???

Fredrik Wahlgren

"N Harkawat" wrote in message
Simply import it as it is
Then do the following
type 100 into a blank cell
copy it
select the column that hold the numbers that you need divided by 100
edit-paste special-
select divide
hit ok
'This will divide the entire range by 100

This should work OK if you only have to do so ocassionally. What you really
should ask is if you can make the exporting program create a file with the
values you want.

/Fredrik