Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Why dont this work? and copy functions

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A4,'507.xls'!$A:$A,1,0)),"",G4)
I got this function from Sean Timmons, but can not get it working, can
anyone tell me why?
It returns with #name?

This is to put in a column D4 in sheet 'total', but also need to change the
'507.xls* to '508.xls' for the next sheet, the next is E4 that need
'508.xls'.
The columns has 357 rows on some rows are not used for better presantation
purposes, how to cupy the "new" formula to all row in a column?
Hope anyone understand the question
Have a nice day :)
--
Just a regular user
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Just hazarding a guess as to what you're trying to do here ..
Perhaps something like this in D4:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP($A4,INDIRECT("'50"&COLUMNS($A:A)+ 6&".xls'!A:A"),0)),"",G4)
which presumes you have a sheet named: 507.xls. And when you copy D4 to E4,
it'll then lookup A4 vs col A in the sheet named: 508.xls, and return H4 if
there's no match found. Adapt to suit.
--
Max
Singapore