Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Data

I am able to link data from an external source between worksheets if the cell
remains the same on the opposing worksheet.
How can I link this data from an exteranl source if the cell changes on the
opposing work sheet ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assign a range name to the cell in the source worksheet. If the cell gets
moved, the formula in the linked worksheet will still work.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"RickComputer" wrote:

I am able to link data from an external source between worksheets if the cell
remains the same on the opposing worksheet.
How can I link this data from an exteranl source if the cell changes on the
opposing work sheet ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I don't think I'm clear on this one, if you enter the following formula in
Sheet1 cell C1
=Sheet2!A1 if you move cell A1 to F4 the formula will adjust. If you use
=Sheet2!$A$1 it will also work.

So maybe you aren't moving, your copying?

You should show us a specific example. What is the formula, what does it
return before you move it and after you move it?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire