Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I extract the first entry in a filtered list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do I extract the first entry in a filtered list?

The archives do not look kindly on no text in the message. Put in subject
line and ask a question.

Try this where f2 is the first cell after the header text
Sub firstinfiltered()
MsgBox Range("f2:f21").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Ce lls(1)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this...

Assuming the full range is A2:A15

Array entered** :

=INDEX(A2:A15,MATCH(1,SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A15,,,R OW(A2:A15)-MIN(ROW(A2:A15))+1)),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP