Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Contitional Formatting - Can I Make One Cell React To A Range?

In conditional formatting use formula is, then something like this:

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,"<4")0

This reacts if there are any values in the range below 4

--
Ian
--
"Danno" wrote in message
Hello All,

I have a spreadsheet where I entered conditional formatting in one cell
where that cell gives me a signal when a different cell shows a particular
value. The purpose of this cell with the conditional formatting is to
give
me a warning.

It works wonderfully and flashes text that calls me "an idiot" for even
considering that particular financial venture.

What I'd like to do is have the cell with the conditional formatting react
to a value in any cell within a range (the range is in a single column).
Is
that possible?

I don't know what macros are or do and I don't know what a pivot table is.
Maybe the answer lies there. But if possible, I'd like to have my
"warning"
cell react as I described.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,