Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JFO JFO is offline

Default Copying a formula

I have to prepare a worksheet that summarizes the latest data from about 6
columns in 180 detail worksheets. Any thoughts on how this can be done
efficiently?

JFO
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are all these sheets in 1workbook ?? What are in these 6 columns ?? Do you
want to summarize all 6 columns ??

Tell me alittle more maybe I could help you.

"JFO" wrote:

I have to prepare a worksheet that summarizes the latest data from about 6
columns in 180 detail worksheets. Any thoughts on how this can be done
efficiently?

JFO

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to tell us a little more about the data to be summarized
If I have numbers in B10:D10 of 25 sheets and I want to sum the 25*3 values:
I insert a sheet before the first one with data and call it "Begin"
I insert a sheet after the last one with data and call it "End"
I keep the sheets totally empty
The I can use =SUM(begin:end!B10:D10) to sum all the cells in that range on
all sheets
I might put this formula on a sheet that lives in front of "Begin"
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP