Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
scr scr is offline

Default Changing the format of a phone number

Spreadsheet A has the phone number in one cell formatted like:

(123) 456-7890

Spreadsheet B has the phone number separated in three separate columns like:

123 456 7890

I used the CONCANTENATE function to string the text together, but if the
phone number has a 0 starting the group it isn't showing up in my new cell.
What am I doing wrong? See below:
Phone
(360) 929-2001 360 929 2001
(425) 971-9043 425 971 9043
(360) 929-2001 360 929 2001
(253) 720-5735 253 720 5735
(111) 222-1234 111 222 1234
(541) 410-45 541 410 0045
(208) 438-5296 208 438 5296
(541) 689-143 541 689 0143
(360) 253-2131 360 253 2131
(360) 253-2131 360 253 2131
(480) 981-3941 480 981 3941
(480) 981-3941 480 981 3941
(217) 257-8406 217 257 8406
(602) 997-6349 602 997 6349
(602) 997-6349 602 997 6349
(602) 997-6349 602 997 6349
(111) 222-1234 111 222 1234
(520) 297-8855 520 297 8855
(303) 741-4568 303 741 4568
(801) 566-8844 801 566 8844
(801) 566-8844 801 566 8844
(720) 837-929 720 837 0929

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TEXT(A2,"000")&" "&TEXT(B2,"000")&"-"&TEXT(C2,"0000")

replace the cell reference with the real one you are using

No need to use the CONCATENATE function if that's what you are doing, the
ampersand works the same way

Peo Sjoblom