Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Matching Values

Hello,

I have a price list which includes Item #, cost, markup %, and price
(approx. 300 products). Now, I want to add approx. 100 more products to the
list; and I need to apply a markup % to the new products that will be based
on the markup % in the current price list.

Is there a way to Match the New product Cost to the closest Existing product
Cost and assign it the same markup %?

Example:

Item # Cost Markup (%) Price Cost (New Product) Markup (%)
4343 2.18 77.98% 3.88 2.10 ?
333 3.25 75.93% 5.72 2.55 ?
334343 4.30 76.31% 7.58 3.50 ?
65656 5.44 70.71% 9.29 6.74 ?