Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to average the top ten lists from several people

I'm trying to take the top ten list of several people and want to find how
they rank.
For example:

X received 2 first place votes, 2 second place votes and 1 third place vote
Y received 1 first place vote, 3 second place votes and 1 third place votes
z Received 2 first place votes, 1 second place vote and 2 third place votes

How do I create a formula to average these and come up with a final list?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What are the weights for first, second and third place? Assuming votes for
first rank is in Col B, second in C and third in D & weights are 1, 2 and 3
this will give you the average rank (if entered in E1)
=(b1*1+c1*2+d1*2)/(1+2+3) and copy down till end of your list

You can get ranks in col F by entering this in F1 and copying down (assuming
you have 10 people in your list.. change 10 IN $e$10 to the number of people
you have)
=RANK(E1,$E$1:$E$10,1)

0 instead of 1 in the above will give you ranks in the reverse order..

I guess the lowest average would be best...
You can use